We are excited to be a sponsor for the online, WordFest Live event this year! And, we’ll write more about the event in upcoming blog posts, but in this first post, we wanted to spread the word about Big Orange Heart, the non-profit organization behind this free, global WordPress event.
The proceeds from the event will go to help support the organization’s delivery of their services – services that since the pandemic have become even more needed worldwide.
ABOUT BIG ORANGE HEART
Big Orange Heart (formerly WP&UP) became a registered charity in August of 2018. Since that time, companies across the remote working communities have partnered with them to enable a team to grow and develop professional support and counseling services, as well as, promote positive well-being and mental health within these communities.
With the ever-growing number of remote workers, we are seeing an increase in people from the global community openly acknowledging they are experiencing mental health issues linked to isolation.
Big Orange Heart’s mission is to support and promote positive well-being and mental health within remote working communities.
They do this by giving members access to:
- Coaching & Mentoring Calls – Free, secure and confidential 1-on-1 calls tailored to the individual.
- Webinars & Workshops – Interactive sessions that help members develop practical life & business skills.
- Resource Library – Articles, videos, & tutorials with actionable advice & guidance.
Big Orange Heart tackles these issues using a Biopsychosocial Model* which led to their employing the following 4 Health Hubs:
*The biopsychosocial model reflects the development of illness through the complex interaction of biological factors (genetic, biochemical, etc.), psychological factors (mood, personality, behaviour, etc.) and social factors (cultural, familial, socioeconomic, medical, etc.).
Other Member Benefits Include:
- A community of more than 13,900 members
- Invitations to Big Orange Heart’s private Slack
- First Invitations to exclusive events
- Access to free companionship support
- Invitations to the private Facebook Group
- Updates from Big Orange Heart network
- #PressForward Podcast delivered
- Exclusive early access to new support services
They offer FREE membership to everyone, but encourage those with the ability to support their mission to make a donation, so that they can continue to deliver free support to those who need it.
VOLUNTEERS & SPONSORS
There are many ways to volunteer with Big Orange Heart, from team organizing to marketing to fundraising. And, they are always looking for sponsors to help fund their cause, and get recognition for it, of course.
JOIN THE BIG ORANGE HEART COMMUNITY
If you or someone you know can benefit from the services offered or you would like to become a volunteer or a sponsor, we encourage you to check them out here.
Also, don’t forget to register for the free WordFest Live 2021 event here.