How to Set Up Email Subscriptions to WordPress Comments
Last week one of our customers asked how to enable their WordPress site visitors to subscribe to comments.
By default, WordPress doesn’t offer such configuration. In this tutorial, you will learn how to do the job with the “Subscribe to Comments Reloaded” plugin.
In the out of the box WordPress, the comments area on a front end post page has no subscription options:
This is where the “Subscribe to Comments Reloaded” plugin comes into play. It allows your blog visitors to subscribe to post comments even without having to submit a comment or subscribing to the post.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add new.
- You will see the Add Plugins page. Type subscribe to comments reloaded into the search box. You will see the “Subscribe to Comments Reloaded” plugin.
- Click Install Now and then click Activate.
- Go back to your WordPress front end. If you look at the comments area of a post, you will see the Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting checkbox:
- Once the post page visitor clicks the subscribe word, they will see the “Manage Subscriptions” page to subscribe to the comments of this particular post:
- That’s it. They are all set. Now, when somebody posts a new comment for this post, those subscribed to follow up the post’s comments will get notified by email:
- By clicking on the “Manage your subscriptions” link in the email body, they will see the “Manage Subscriptions” page once again.
- Now they can delete or suspend some or all of their subscriptions if they wish:
Which commenting system is this that you use on your blog?
I’m redoing my own and am undecided which way to allow comments as well as provide the option for subscribing to comments.
Is it possible to change the settings to notify you only on replies to your comment ?
Yes, go to WP admin > StCR > Comment Form.
In the option “Default checkbox value” at the top, you can choose the notifications to be “all new comments” or “replies to comment”.
Hope this helps!
i’m not sure i understand this right: is this another way to subscribe to comments on a given page, or does it allow you to subscribe to [i]all[/i] comments from a site, which is what i’m looking for.
not work for woocommerce ?
Thank you for the post, it’s useful
Thanks for the valuable information.
Checkbox showing fine but when I am clicking on [b]comment-subscription[/b] link then its not working. Please guide.