In this post, I’ll share with you how the Hierarchy plugin can improve the organization of your WordPress dashboard.
With it, you can merge the WordPress Custom Post Types admin menus into a single list to reflect the same structure as your public content.
Step #1. Install Hierarchy plugin
- Log in to your WordPress site.
- Go to Plugins > Add new and search for “Hierarchy”.
- Click “Install Now” and activate the plugin.
Step #2. Hide Custom Post Types from admin menu
- Go to Settings
- In Hide from the Admin Menu, check all the custom post types listed. In my example are posts, pages, media and events.
- Click “Save settings” button
Step #3. End result
Let’s check before and after using Hierarchy plugin. As you can see, the few admin links for custom post types are now merged into one menu item labeled as “Content”.
Click the “Content” menu item to access a nicely organized page that displays all the site’s content and reflects the public menu structure.