I use Google Maps almost every time I leave the house. And, I’m definitely not alone. According to some calculations, Google Maps is the world’s most popular phone app in the world.
It’s not just apps: millions of websites use Google Maps to show location information.
If you use WordPress, there’s now a really easy to add Google Maps to your sites. With the EmbedPress plugin, you can add Google Maps using just a URL. You don’t need to be messing around with embed codes that break easily
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how EmbedPress works.
How to embed Google Maps with just a URL
First, let’s install EmbedPress. This is perhaps the hardest part of the whole process 🙂
- Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
- You can also install it from your WordPress admin area.
Now, let’s get the Google Map that we’re going to embed …
Go to the Google Maps site and find the map you want to embed. The image below shows a typical map:
Now let’s get the URL for the map.
- The simplest approach is to take the take the URL from the browser bar:
- Go to your WordPress site and write a post or page.
- Click the + icon in the top left corner.
- Scroll down to the EmbedPress area and click “Google Maps”:
- Enter your Google Maps URL into the block:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Google map. Success!
Publish your WordPress content and your Google map will be embedded for visitors to see! Your Google Map embed will also be fully responsive!
Congratulations. You’ve discovered the easiest Google Maps plugin for WordPress!