BackUpWordPress is a free and powerful plugin to back up your website automatically.
BackUpWordPress will back up your entire site including your database and all your files on a schedule that suits you.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to use BackUpWordPress to keep your WordPress site safe.
Download and Install
- In your admin area, go to Plugins >> Add New
- In the Search field type “BackUpWordPress” and click Search Pugins.
- Find BackUpWordPress >> click Install Now. Activate the plugin.
Change backup settings
Now let’s go and setup BackUpWordPress to create daily backups for us.
Go to Tools >> Backups and change settings depending to your needs.
- Backup: Database only.
- Schedule: Once Daily
- Number of backups to store on this server: 14 (that will give us 2 weeks of backups)
- To generate a backup right now click on the “Run now” button.
Restore a backup
Download an existing backup by going to Tools >> BackUpWordPress >> Backups Completed >> Download. The backups generates a zip file that contains a sql file, please decompress this file.
Import sql file in phpMyAdmin >> Import >> Browse file >> Continue. If everything is fine you will have your website restored.
Important: you may need to change the url and table preffix (by default is wp_) in sql file before importing into phpMyAdmin. This depends if you’re moving to a new domain.