RunCloud is a modern web server panel designed purposely for PHP web applications. If you use any of these, then RunCloud is for you:
- Code Igniter
- a custom baked PHP application
Being a SaaS (Software as a Service) control panel for cloud servers / VPS, you can have your server managed by using RunCloud. Dedicated servers, Digital Ocean, Linode, AWS, Vultr, Amazon Lightsail, and other KVM based VPSs are supported by RunCloud.
Why Choose RunCloud?
RunCloud offers a painless way to manage web servers, without the need to use confusing command lines. The benefits offered by RunCloud are hard to resist:
- Save time and minimize the hassle for server configuration time, so you can focus more on the development of your web application.
- A rich list of features for all your server optimization needs. More features are also coming in the future.
- RunCloud offers the best, optimized settings for your server setup. It’s fast, secure, easy to use, and complies with the industry standard for SSL/TLS.
- It’s simply the best value for money for what it offers on the market.
If you’re concerned about RunCloud’s security, this article will provide you with additional information regarding security: https://blog.runcloud.io/why-runcloud-is-it-secure
Features in RunCloud
RunCloud offers these great features for free:
- Connect to an Unlimited Number of Servers
- Deploy Unlimited Web Applications
- Add Unlimited Domain Names
- Multiple PHP Versions
- Simple Database Creation
- Automatic Update Configurations
- Script Installer (WordPress, Joomla, etc)
Creating a RunCloud account is free! You can register here to try it out.
The free RunCloud features are tempting enough, but RunCloud Pro offers even more great features at a very affordable price! For $10 you’ll get:
- SSL/TLS by LetsEncrypt (or any paid SSL)
- Multi-user Support
- Web Application Statistics
- Git Deployment & Webhooks
- Script Installers (for WordPress, Joomla, etc)
- File Manager & Cloud Editor
- NGiNX & PHP Configuration
- Server Health Check & Notifications
- upervisord Job Manager
- Cron Job Manager
- PHP CLI Version Selection
- Server Hook for Slack
- RunCloud server log
- Service Management
- Firewall Configuration
- SSH Credential Management
- Changing Server’s Password (except root password)
In this example, I connected my Digital Ocean server with RunCloud by following the video below:
Using Free SSL from LetsEncrypt in RunCloud
If you’re not familiar with LetsEncrypt, check out their website here.
Normally, using LetsEncrypt requires you to do the following:
- Verify your domain name using Certbot
- Get the certificate
- Configure your web server to use the certificate.
But, with RunCloud, all you need is just one click. It automatically configures your website to comply with PCI-DSS, NIST, and HIPAA (Security Standard Compliance).
If you do the SSL Server Security Test, the website gets an A+ for security!
Watch the following video to see how easy it is to set up SSL using RunCloud.
Do you use Git as part of your workflow? RunCloud lets you hook a Git repository for each web application you built. When you push your code to GitHub or Bitbucket, RunCloud will pull the changes inside your server automatically.
If you need more flexibility on your Git deployment, you can even use a custom Git deployment script. Want to clear the cache, restart the background job, or tweak something before or after performing a Git pull? You can write them yourself in the deployment script.
Also Worth Highlighting:
A Beautiful File Manager and Cloud Editor
Just look at it. Editing and organizing web files should be done in a beautiful interface like this.
Server Health Check and Slack Notification
Server processes and health check notifications can be pushed into Slack or send as email for easy monitoring.
Memory Usage & Disk Space Usage
Example of slack notification
Most web developers choose to own and manage their cloud server themselves instead of using shared hosting. Configuring servers can be hard and confusing. RunCloud makes them simple, with features indispensable for web developers.
RunCloud offers two plans, Free and Pro. The free plan offers the basic tools for you to deploy web applications. However, I’d recommend going for the Pro plan if you plan to install SSL certificates and will be handling a lot of web projects and servers.
You should really give RunCloud a try. It’s really that good.