The OSTraining Podcast #29: Dusty Davidson on Flywheel and Silicon Prairie
Dusty Davidson is the co-founder and CEO of Flywheel.
Flywheel is a fast-growing WordPress hosting company, Yes, they’re in a crowded market, but Flywheel stands out in at least two key ways. First, they’re based in Omaha, Nebraska: about 2,000 miles from Silicon Valley. Second, Flywheel has a unique, colorful and whimsical culture
Follow Dusty on Twitter at @dustyd and via his blog at dustyd.net.
Subscribe to the OSTraining podcast on iTunes, or use the podcast player below. We’re also on Stitcher, Overcast, and other popular podcast apps.
This episode’s sponsor is PublishPress.
PublishPress offers professional publishing tools for WordPress, including an editorial calendar, pre-publishing checklists, and collaboration tools.
Here’s an overview of the publishing tools you’ll find in PublishPress:
- There’s a beautiful Editorial Calendar to give a clear picture of all your planned and published content.
- You can create Notifications to keep your team up-to-date with what’s happening.
- You can write Editorial Comments to leave feedback for your site’s authors.
- There are Custom Statuses so you can see where content is in your publishing workflow.
- The Content Overview screen allows you to drill down and analyze your site’s content.
- You can add Metadata to give your team extra information about each post.
Nice! But it’s the previous episode that’s showing up here in the player.
Ooops, sorry Dan. I did too much cut-and-pasting between episode layouts.