Andy McIlwain is in charge of the WordPress area at The GoDaddy Garage – the official blog for one of the world’s biggest hosting companies.
Andy explains the tools and strategies he uses to keep such a popular blog running. He also talks how how GoDaddy plans to deal with the rollout of Gutenberg. How do you manage such a big change that impacts so many of your users?
Subscribe to the OSTraining podcast on iTunes, or use the podcast player below. We’re also on Stitcher, Overcast, and other popular podcast apps.
This episode’s sponsor is PublishPress.
PublishPress offers professional publishing tools for WordPress, including an editorial calendar, pre-publishing checklists, and collaboration tools.
Here’s an overview of the publishing tools you’ll find in PublishPress:
- There’s a beautiful Editorial Calendar to give a clear picture of all your planned and published content.
- You can create Notifications to keep your team up-to-date with what’s happening.
- You can write Editorial Comments to leave feedback for your site’s authors.
- There are Custom Statusesso you can see where content is in your publishing workflow.
- The Content Overviewscreen allows you to drill down and analyze your site’s content.
- You can add Metadata to give your team extra information about each post.