Online Drupal Training Targeted Directly at Beginners
Drupal is one part of a three-headed Open Source CMS revolution.
Added together, Drupal, Joomla and WordPress run around 20% of all websites and over 70% of all CMS websites (via W3 techs).
We’re really happy to announce today that we teach all of them online. Joomla and WordPress were available last year and now Drupal is here.
So, by buying a single subscription to OSTraining, you can now learn how to use all three of these revolutionary ways to build a site.
What’s Special About These Drupal Classes?
1) We’re 100% focused on beginners. There are lots of great Drupal resources out there for developers such as BuildaModule.com and Drupalize.me and we don’t intend to reinvent that wheel.
Our focus is to make Drupal understandable for ordinary people. How ordinary? We’ve been road-testing our classes on our parents. If my Dad can understand and build a Drupal site after taking this class, then so can you.
2) We provide support. Online videos are great, but you will have extra questions. We’ll be here to help with our famous guaranteed same-day answers to all your Drupal questions.
Tell Me About the Online Classes
The online classes are taken directly from the classroom training we’ve been doing over the last three years. These classes have been attended by people from the United Nations, the World Bank, the White House, Harvard, Yale, MIT, Verizon, IBM and other great organizations. This class material has really been road-tested. You’ll find our classes are:
- Precise: The classes start at the beginning and follow through to the end. The classes are designed as a whole project, with no jumping around needed.
- Practical: We use three real-life examples throughout the beginner class. We show you how to build a tourism site, a personal site and a business site.
- Personal: We help you through the process of learning. Our forums are staffed by knowledgeable experts who answer even the toughest questions.
- Plain English: We scrub our classes of all but the most essential geek-speak. We use plain English to help you learn. When technical terms are used – we’re careful to define them in an easy to understand way.
Can I See Some Sample Videos?
Sure. Become an OSTribe Member and find 3 courses on your My Timeline page.
Can I See a Syllabus?
Sure. Our Beginner class syllabus is below.
- Session 1: Introduction to the Course
- Session 2: How to Get the Most Out of this Course
- Session 3: What is Drupal and What is a Content Management System?
- Session 4: Manual Install with a Web Host
- Session 5: One Click Install with a Web Host
- Session 6: Touring a Fresh Installation of Drupal
- Session 7: Update the Site’s Basic Information
- Session 8: Introduction to Content Types
- Session 9: Creating an Article
- Session 10: Creating a Basic Page
- Session 11: Other Built-in Content Types
- Session 12: Creating a New Content Type
- Session 13: Another New Content Type
- Session 14: Editing / Deleting Content Types
- Session 15: Section Task
- Session 16: Adding Revisions
- Session 17: Formatting Fields
- Session 18: Introduction to Taxonomy
- Session 19: Introduction to The Drupal Site Layout
- Session 20: Polls
- Session 21: Blog
- Session 22: Find and install new modules
- Session 23: Webform
- Session 24: AddtoAny
- Session 25: Site Map
- Session 26: Introduction to Themes
- Session 27: Find and Install New Themes
- Session 28: Applying Themes
- Session 29: Blocks
- Session 30: Menu Management
- Session 31: People Management
- Session 32: Roles and Permissions
- Session 33: Reports and Help Menu
Project 1: A Personal Website
- The Project
Project 2: A Business Website
- The Project
- Local install – Mac – Acquia Drupal
- Local install – Windows – Acquia Drupal
The code does not work. Reply is that it is not available at this time. Today is July 31st. Should be the last day according to this post.
My apologies TEdgeNYC
Could you try again now? I’ve extended the coupon’s validity for another couple of days.