New Class: How to Develop Joomla Plugins
For quite some time, Joomla development has been the most popular request from OSTraining members. I’m glad to say that we are answering those requests!
Last month, we published class called “How to Develop Joomla Modules“. This week’s follow-up class is called, “How to Develop Joomla Plugins“.
If you watched the first class you know the basics of Joomla development. In this second class, you’ll learn how to build plugins. These powerful extensions act on Joomla’s trigger events to perform almost any task that you can imagine.
As you follow along with these videos, you’ll build a plugin that shows the author information on articles.
You’ll start by setting up a development environment, then you’ll build the structure for the plugin.
Once the plugin is working, you’ll build the functionality, plus create layout and language features. Finally, you’ll package up the plugin, ready to distribute to users.
What’s in the Joomla Plugin Development class?
- Introduction to Joomla Plugin Development
- Your Joomla Plugin Development Environment
Creating the Plugin
- Building the Structure for a Joomla Plugin
- The XML Manifest File for Your Plugin
- How to Add Parameters to a Plugin
- The First Features for Your Plugin
- Control the Output Display of Your Plugin
- Integrate User Profile Data With Your Plugin
- Create a Layout File for Your Plugin
- Additional Triggers for Your Plugin
- Using Regular Expressions in Your Joomla Plugin
- How to Create Plugin Language Files
- How to Package a Joomla Plugin
- Joomla Plugins Quiz
Congratulations! It is good to finally see tutorials on how to develop Joomla Plugins and Joomla Modules. I hope OSTraining can take it further but introduce a more comprehensive tutorials. There is a website [url=http://www.developphp.com]http://www.developphp.com[/url] teaches how to code Ecommerce website and Social Network. The codes in the website is free for everyone. Perhaps, OSTraining can use to code and teach how to integrate into Joomla as some of the environment and codes can be quite different in Joomla.