We’re happy to launch the third of our in-depth courses for Joomla 2.5: Template Design.
Creating a fantastic look and feel for your Joomla site is important. You can buy templates, or even download and use free ones. But if you really want a unique look, you have to create one that really highlights your site’s content.
This class will take you step-by-step from an initial design to a finished template.
Along the way, you’ll learn about:
- The tools you’ll need for creating Joomla templates.
- What the 960 grid is and how it relates to Joomla.
- How to export a design file and get it ready for Joomla.
- Which files are used to build a Joomla template and how to create them.
- Packaging up a Joomla template for installation.
- Using module class suffixes to style different regions of your design.
- How to add collapsable module positions.
- How to create template settings options.
- Converting a pure HTML design to Joomla
- and much more …
You can see the full class details here and guests can watch the first 5 sessions: OSTraining.com/courses/class/joomla-25/j25-templates/.
Not a member of OSTraining yet? Visit OSTraining.com/online to sign up now and take this course, along with many others.
The Class Project: PSD to Joomla Template
The class project involved taking a PSD of the image below and converting it to a Joomla template. You’ll get a copy of the PSD and of the finished template. Step-by-step we’ll show you how we did and how you can do the same for your designs.