Come meet us at DrupalCorn in Iowa
At the start of August we’re heading up to Iowa for the wonderfully named DrupalCorn.
This event is very similar to DrupalCon, except it has an extra “r” and is based in Iowa City.
DrupalCorn is the annual Drupal event for Iowa and this will be the third time its been held.
Rod from the OSTraining team will be going there and giving our 1 day introduction to Drupal called “The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Drupal.”
- Price: $40
- Dates: Friday and Saturday, August 9 and 10.
- Location: Downtown Iowa City, Iowa on The University of Iowa campus.
- Link: http://2013.drupalcorn.org
The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Drupal
- Price: $75.00
- Date and time: Thursday, August 8. 9 am to 5 pm.
- Registration link: http://2013.drupalcorn.org/content/absolute-beginners-guide-drupal
You’ll learn all of the key concepts you need to understand, navigate and begin building a Drupal site. We’ve taught new Drupal users from the White House to Harvard and the New York Transit Commission to the small business owner. We’ll help it make sense.
- Part 1: Introduction to Drupal: What? Who? When? Why?
- Part 2: Installing Drupal
- Part 3: Navigating the Drupal interface
- Part 4: Understanding Drupal content
- Part 5: Managing Drupal content using content types
- Part 6: Adding data fields to Drupal content
- Part 7: Choosing and configuring modules
- Part 8: Choosing and configuring themes
- Part 9: Configuring and working with Drupal user permissions
Attendees will need a laptop with Acquia’s Dev Desktop installed, if they wish to follow along with the tasks.
Rod Martin holds two masters degrees and has been training people how to do “things” for over 25 years. Originally from Australia, he grew up in Canada and now resides just outside Cincinnati, Ohio. He has worked in both the non-profit and for-profit worlds, in small companies and large corporations.
Rod’s extensive open source experience includes WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Moodle and he really knows how to help you get the most out of the system you chose. Rod plays ice hockey a couple of times a week and rides his Goldwing motorbike pretty much everywhere he can.