New Video Class: Drupal Advanced Views
Views is one of the most important modules in Drupal 7.
Views allows you to build sophisticated database queries without touching any code.
Views enables a site builder to create landing pages, blocks, attachments and more to present their content in a wide variety of ways.
We already have a Beginner’s Guide to Views. In this week’s video class, “Advanced Views“, our newest Drupal trainer, Robert Ring, demonstrates a number of interesting ways to further enhance Views.
Outline of the Drupal Advanced Views Class
- Install and Configure Views
- Setup the Content
- Taxonomy Landing Pages
- Customized Row Classes
- Rewrite Field Output
- Cleaning the Body Field
- Manually Selected Nodes
- Sort by a Custom Date Field
- Working With “No Results” Settings
- Creating Popular Articles Views
- Creating User-Based Views
- Limit Output with PHP Part 1
- Limit Output with PHP Part 2
- Advanced Views Displays Quiz