I’m in Grand Rapids for three days with a group of WordPress site designers and developers enjoying a fantastic course being taught by Topher DeRosia.
If you’ve taken any of our recent WordPress courses, you’ll recognize that name. Topher is our online instructor and a very knowledgeable WordPress developer.
Topher is based here in Grand Rapids and has been creating websites for over 15 years. Eight developers travelled from as far away as London, Ontario, Canada to join us for these three days.
- Part 1: Introduction to Custom Content Types (CCT).
- Part 2: Overview of WordPress theme templates.
- Part 3: Discussion of design philosophy for plugins and themes.
- Part 4: Creation of STAFF CCT with meta boxes and custom fields.
- Part 5: Creation of DEPARTMENT CCT with meta boxes and custom fields.
- Part 6: Install and Review Posts2Posts Plugin.
- Part 7: Create some content for testing.
- Part 8: Understanding Template Hierarchy.
- Part 9: Creation and formatting of custom WordPress theme template files for rendering.
- Part 10: Creation of a plugin using custom content types, shortcodes, and custom CSS.
- Part 12: Working on their own projects.
We’ll be posting a course based on this training as soon as possible. Watch your inbox for updates!