- Are you an OSTraining member? We’ve got great news for you: we released a new and greatly-improved version of OSToolbar Pro.
- Are you not an OSTraining member yet? We’ve got great news for you: we released a completely version called OSToolbar Free.
Are you not sure what the OSToolbar is?
- The OSToolbar lets you and your users watch video tutorials inside all of your Joomla or WordPress sites.
- The OSToolbar is released as a Joomla extension and a WordPress plugin.
- You can watch the videos directly within your Joomla or WordPress admin area.
- You can use it on as many sites as you want.
The OSToolbar is now free for everyone. As with the OSToolbar Pro, you can use it on as many sites as you want. You don’t even have to register.
We’ve set up a new site which makes it easy to download the OSToolbar. Not surprisingly, the site is called OSToolbar.com.
We’re currently in the process of adding the WordPress version to WordPress.org, so hopefully you’ll soon be able to install it directly from your WordPress admin area.
How Do I Use OSToolbar Free?
- Download the OSToolbar from OSToolbar.com.
- Upload the OSToolbar via your Joomla or WordPress admin area.
- Click the OSToolbar link in the admin menu and start using it!
OSToolbar Pro: More Videos
By the end of this week there will be over 30 videos in both the WordPress and Joomla version of the OSToolbar. We’re shortly going to be adding tutorials for popular WordPress plugins and Joomla extensions.
OSToolbar Pro: Remove and Reorder Videos
You can choose which videos to show for your users. For example:
- You might have users who only need to learn the very basics.
- You might have users who shouldn’t modify themes or templates, install extra features and change access levels.
You can now remove any video you don’t want to show using a simple drag-and-drop interface. You can also re-order all the videos that you do show.
OSToolbar Pro: Whitelabel the OSToolbar
We aim to allow you to white-label the OSToolbar as much as possible. You can brand the OSToolbar as your own product.
You can now change the images shown in the OSToolbar:
You can also change the language people see when they use the OSToolbar:
OSToolbar Pro: Permissions
One of the OSToolbar users asked us whether we could add permissions to the OSToolbar. He had some users who were Editors and by default, they can’t see much of the dashboard. We said “sure” and now the OSToolbar supports both WordPress and Joomla access control levels.
OSToolbar Pro: Tutorial Icons Everywhere
This last feature is Joomla-only. Everywhere you go in your Joomla site, the OSToolbar icon will now be in the top-right of the screen.
Click on the icon and all of your videos will be right there in a pop-up. You don’t even have to leave the page you’re on to watch the videos.