Adding a Weather Block to Your Drupal Site
One of our students is building a local tourism website. They wanted to show the local weather on the site but without any of the big, ugly branding that often accompanies weather displays.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to use the Weather module to create a local weather block.
The Weather module works great, but it can be confusing to configure. This tutorial will walk you the set up from installation to publication.
- Go to http://drupal.org/project/weather.
- Download, install and enable the Weather module.
- Click on Configuration
- Locate Weather in the User Interface block and click on the link
- You’ll see a screen like the one below.
- Observe that you have three options: Add display, Edit default display, and the option to create a directory to hold any custom images you want to use on your weather blocks.
- Click on Add display.
- You can ignore all the settings for now.
- Click Save.
- Click on Add location to this display as in the image below.
- Select a country
- Select a place
- Alternative name for the selected place: This allows you to give the place a more human-readable name. For example, I selected GA – Atlanta, De Kalb-Peachtree Airport for the Place but simple wrote Atlanta in here.
- Click Save. I found a bug at this point and had to re-enter the Alternative name for it to save correctly.
- Go to Structure > Blocks.
- Publish the block called Weather: system-wide display (#1).
- Your block will now be live on your site as in the image below.
- You can go back to Configuration > Weather and change the settings for this block. For example, I’d want to change Celsius to Fahrenheit.
I want to display same design as the picture in your blog. But I can not display as the picture. here display information as the picture in module first picture. I follow instruction as you mentioned. So how I can display same information as you show.
i am using the same configuration but getting additional site info in block. How can I remove this furher info. Look at my screenshot below
Thanks so much, how can I adjust the size in block?