There are some sophisticated and flexible ways to add video to Drupal.
But, by far the simplest option is the Video Embed Field.
If all you want to do is easily add Youtube or Vimeo videos to articles, then this module is probably your best option.
Here’s how Video Embed Field works:
- Install and enable the Video Embed Field module.
- Go to Structure > Content types > Manage field.
- You can add a Video Embed field to your content:
- Save your new field (there are very few settings).
- Go to Add content and you’ll see that your new field is ready. All you need to do is enter the URL of a video from YouTube or Vimeo:
- Save the content and your video will appear:
If you want to change up the appearance of the video, you can go to Structure > Content types > Manage display.
For example, if you have the Colorbox module installed, that will be an option here:
Here’s how your video will appear inside a Colorbox pop-up: