Alphabetical sorting is one of the most common ways people want to sort content in Views.
You may want to sort many types of content from A to Z, from staff members to business listings.
Here’s how to add alphabetical sorting to your Drupal views.
Option #1. Create a new view
- Go to Structure > Views > Add new view.
- Enter any views settings you want, except for “sorted by”. You should choose “Title” for this setting.
- Click “Continue and Edit”.
- Scroll down to your preview at the bottom of the view. You’ll see that your view is sorted alphabetically, but from Z to A.
Now we’ll fix the Z to A sorting.
- Look under “Sort Criteria” and click on “Content: Title (desc).
- Change “Sort descending” to “Sort ascending”:
- Check the Preview and you’ll see that your view is now sorted alphabetically:
Option #2: Changing an existing view
If you want to add alphabetically sorting to an existing view, the process is very similar:
- Click “Add” next to “Sort Criteria”.
- Search for “Content: Title” or another field that you want use for alphabetical sorting.
- Choose “Sort ascending” to sort your view from A to Z.