Add a Scrolling Text Ticker to Drupal
An OSTraining member asked us how to setup scrolling text in Drupal.
They wanted to create a CNN / BBC-style news site, with a breaking news ticker.
We recommended the ScrollText module, and I’m going to show you how to use it.
- Download and install the ScrollText module.
- Under the OTHER category in the modules list you will find ScrollText. Enable ScrollText save the changes.
Setting the location for the ScrollText block
- Go to Structure > Blocks.
- BFind ScrollText and drag it above Main page content.
- Scroll to the bottom and save blocks.
- At this point, you won’t see anything. If you have content, you can see the ScrollText going access the top of the of the main content region.
If you need to make changes to the default ScrollText display, go to Configuration > ScrollText.
Perhaps the most important configuration option is “Source Type”. You can set this to the content type or view name you want to use for your scrolling text.
These things are ok, but then what? How to configure “article” to scroll text?