“No front page content has been created yet” in Drupal
When you first load up a new Drupal site, the front page of your site shows this message:
“No front page content has been created yet”.
You can click “Add new content” and start writing. If you do that, your content will start to stack up, just like a stream of blog posts.
But what happens if you don’t want a stream of blog posts for your frontpage? Here are several solutions.
Option #1. Put a single node on the frontpage
This is the easiest solution:
- Find the URL of an existing Drupal content item that you want to use for the frontpage.
- Go to Configuration > Site information.
- Change the “Default front page” option to the URL that you selected. By default, the option says “node”. However, you need to change this to “node/3/” or another, simiilar URL.
Note: you don’t have to use a single node for this choice. You could also enter the URL of a View or a Panel into this space.
Option #2. Use the Empty Front Page module
Our first approach simply replaced the frontpage content with another node.
Our second approach will remove nodes from the homepage entirely.
- Install and enable the “Empty Front Page” module.
- Your homepage will now be blank, with only blocks showing.
This option is useful if you only want to display blocks on your homepage.
Option #3. Different homepage for different user groups
Our third approach shows you how to create a different homepage for different user groups:
- Install and enable the “Front Page” module.
- Go to Configuration > Front Page.
- Check the box “Front Page Override”.
- You will now be able to choose a frontpage for each user group:
There are 101 different ways to control your frontpage in Drupal. We’re just explored 3 of the easiest options here.
Other alternatives include using CSS to hide the frontpage text, using template overrides to redesign the frontpage, or using language string overrides to replace the text.
Install and enable the “Front Page” module.
Go to Configuration > Front Page. ——NOTHING!!!!
Check the box “Front Page Override”.
You will now be able to choose a frontpage for each user group:
this is my site
i install madule and active it but what here is empty space???