In this tutorial, I will explain how to use the Drupal 8 Video Embed module so that you can easily add YouTube videos to your Drupal 8 site.
- Download the Video Embed Module
- Go to “Extend” and enable the module:
Now we have the Video Embed module installed, we need to add a field to the content. In this example, I will use the Article content type, but you can go ahead and use any content type you like.
- Go to Structure > Content types > Article > Manage fields.
- Add a field from the dropdown for new fields. Select the “Video Embed” option.
- Give a “Label” to the field.
On the next couple of screens, you can choose field settings. I’m just going to skip of those settings and leave the default choices in place. When you finish saving, your field will show, as in the image below:
Now we need to test that the field is working.
- Go to Content > Add content > Article.
- Add the URL for a YouTube video.
- Save the article.
- You should see that the video is displayed as below.
If for some reason you can not get the YouTube to load that you have selected, it may be that the video has display and load restrictions set from YouTube. You can confirm this by testing other videos inside your article.
Video on using the Video Embed module
This video is taken from our “How to Build Drupal 8 Sites” class: