Parties and Events at WordCamp US in Philadelphia
WordCamp US is coming up soon in Philadelphia and it’s going to be a special event.
WordCamp US is the first time that the WordPress community has really tried to hold a large conference along the lines of DrupalCon and PyCon. They’re expecting 2,000 attendees in Philly.
It certainly helps to increase attendance when tickets are an absurdly low $40 for 2 days. Conferences like this normally cost from $300 to $2000. There are still tickets on sale today. If you can’t make it in person, you can buy a livestream ticket for only $10.
I’m going to be there for OSTraining, and we’re running our Free WordPress Training Weekend from Friday night to Monday morning.
Are you going to WordCamp US too? Here are some of the parties and events happening in Philly this weekend:
- There’s a cheesesteak pow-pow at Sonny’s at 6:30PM, located at 228 Market Street.
- GoDaddy is holding a party at the Xfinity VIP lounge at 8.30pm.
- Before the WordCamp starts, Erica Varlese is running a yoga session at 8 am.
- WPEngine is hosting a party at 8pm at Brü Craft & Wurst.
- Post Status is having a private party for their members. You can join to find out more: Poststatus.com
- The official after-party is at 7pm at Lucky Strike, 1336 Chestnut Street.
If you know of any more events, let us know in the comments and we’ll add them to the list.