One OSTraining user asked us this week if it was possible to schedule a revision to go live in the future. This would be very helpful if you need to automatically update a Post on a future date.
This is possible in WordPress thanks to a plugin called “PublishPress Revisions“.
PublishPress Revisions is the plugin for managing WordPress revisions and this is one of its most useful features.
- Install PublishPress Revisions from WordPress.org.
- Go to Revisions > Settings.
- On this screen, make sure that the “Scheduled Revisions” box is checked.
Now that’s done, you’re ready to create a scheduled revision. Please note that you can only do this with content that is marked as “Published” status.
Guide to Scheduling Revisions
- Find a post that is currently published.
- Make some changes to your post. This will be the content for your scheduled revision.
- In the right sidebar of your post, look for the “Publish” date. Currently this shows you when the post was published (Jan 28, 2018).
- Change this “Publish” option to a date in the future. This is when your revision will go live:
- After you change the date successfully, the blue “Update” button will change to read “Schedule Revision”. Click this blue button.
- You will now see the message, “Your modification was saved as a Scheduled Revision.”
On the main “Revisions” screen, you will be able to see your revision:
- The “Status” column is marked as “Scheduled”.
- The “Schedule” column has the date when your revision will go live.
More about PublishPress Revisions
PublishPress Revisions is a great plugin for people who want to approve content changes on their site.