How to Use the Metaslider Plugin in WordPress
Most people agree, that sliders or carousels give your WordPress site a professional and fresh look. The Metaslider Plugin adds this functionality and provides some interesting customization features to give each slider a unique look.
Keep reading to learn how to integrate this useful plugin into your site!
Step #1. – Install the Plugin
- Click Plugins > Add New.
- Search for Metaslider.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate.
Step #2. – Create a Slideshow
- Click Metaslider link on the dashboard.
There is some kind of CSS bug, which makes the container wider than 100% of the screen size. Simply collapse the sidebar to remedy that.
The Metaslider interface is clean and well-thought out. There is a search box on top, and a dropdown-navigation on the left which makes it easy to locate a particular slider. This is especially useful when having more than 15 sliders.
The menu on the right provides global editing options for each slider, as well as, a link to the plugin’s documentation.
On the right sidebar, the additional configurations provides the unique look and feel of each slider.
- Click Add Slide.
- Upload images to your Media Library.
- Select 5 or 6 images.
- Click Add to slideshow.
Each slide has a tabbed menu. Let’s focus on the tab called General.
- Click Enter manually and add a proper caption for each slide.
- Enter a redirection link for the first slide.
- Click Open in a new window.
- Change the slider type to Nivo Slider.
- Scroll down and play around with the slider configuration options.
- Copy the shortcode in red provided by the plugin.
- Scroll up and click Save.
Step #3. – Add the Slider
- Click Posts > Add New.
- Enter the shortcode you copied on the last step.
- Click Publish twice.
Take a look at the published post, you will see the slider working properly.
If you click on the first slide, you will be redirected to the link you provided in a new browser tab.
Step #4. – Metaslider Custom Themes
By default, Metaslider provides some pre-configured themes.
- Click Metaslider on the dashboard.
- Click Select a custom theme.
- Choose the theme of your liking.
- Click Select.
Notice also, that you have a Preview option.
The slider will update on your site after refreshing the page.
I hope you liked this tutorial. Thanks for reading!