Using the WP Event Manager WordPress Plugin
Gone are the days when an individual needed to knoq coding to make a working website. Just your enthusiasm, along with the availability of plugins in WordPress, has made it super-easy to develop a fully-functional website.
Let us explore one of the best WordPress event management plugins: WP Event Manager. It is a plugin that will help you design, edit and manage any kind of events on your website. And guess what? No need for coding skills.
WP Event Manager is one of the best events plugins that we have tested. It can automate many monotonous processes related to event management like listings, alerts, registrations, etc.
Easy event management tool
When it comes to managing an event, you need to be involved with planning, organizing, directing and coordinating every aspect of an event. This plugin reduces your efforts by doing a lot of tasks automatically. The core plugin allows the users to list and store the details of the events on the WordPress website, including the name of the event, the organizers’ details, time, and venue.
Creating and submitting an event is easy, be it a single day event, multiple-day event, or a recurring event. The fields can completely be customized, added, or deleted according to the type of information required for your event. The free version of the plugin is not limited to only default events settings, but it gives you a lot of liberty to customize your events.
WP Event Manager is very reliable when it comes to displaying events. Regardless of what WordPress theme is chosen by the user, the plugin integrates with all of them, making the set-up very straightforward. The plugin offer a modern layouts consisting of a list as well as box layout with a range of filters.
With Ajax-based filters, it’s very easy for the visitors to filter the events on the basis of location, keywords, tags or categories, etc.
The plugin alsoprovides a single event listing view with more details of the events:
The event dashboard and admin area
WP Event Manager provides an excellent, yet user-friendly dashboard both at the frontend and backend:
One of the coolest features by the WP Event Manager is the availability of the field editor. The field editor helps you add, edit or delete fields:
Support and documentation
The plugin developers have a lot of documentation available on their website. They have tried capturing all the issues and guided users in a step-by-by step approach. You will find a lot of video tutorials and FAQs are available for users.
There’s an active support area available for the users of the free plugin. You can easily post your questions for a quick solution. A direct support system is available for users of the premium add-ons. This allows you to contact the developers directly and submit a ticket to the help desk system.
The core version is a very capable plugin. However, in order to add better features and functionality, one can always use the add-ons available for the plugin.
Let us get through all the add-ons which will further help you make your events website operate better,
- Calendar: Incorporates a calendar view for all the events along with details.
- Google maps: Enables the events to be searched and displayed with the help of a map according to locations filtered.
- Registrations: Enable participants to register for events by just a click & allows organizers to display and manage their registrations through dashboard.
- Sell tickets: In order to sell tickets the plugin needs to be integrated with a WooCommerce plugin, which will enable the visitors to buy single or multiple tickets on the website itself using this plugin.
- Attendee information: Collect each and every attendees’ information that an organizer wants, be it only the buyers or of all the people attending the events.
- Woo paid listings: Sell events in packages using woo paid listing.
- Recurring events: Create event batches and decide upon when they will repeat.
- Event alerts: Send an alert notification to the visitors according to their requirements.
- Bookmarks: Lets the user save an event by bookmarking them.
- Embeddable event widget: It lets the event organizer generate the embed code. Which can display organizer’s event listings wherever this code has been used.
- Colors: Lets you add more colors to your event listing layout be it event type, or event category or the status of registration.
- Sliders: Lets you add multiple banners in the form of owl carousel, making it even more responsive.
- Event tags: Allows the association of the events with certain tags/keywords during the submission process which in turn increases the chance of events appearing in search results.
- Eventbrite integration: The add-on makes crucial developments to your website by pulling event listings from Eventbrite.
- Organizer: It displays a grouped and alphabetized list of all the organizers along with the events that are active under them.
- Contact organizer: Lets you directly contact the organizer via form made available to them.
- Email: It allows us to design a customized email template that can be sent to the new users on an automated basis.
- iCal: Lets you download all your events to your Google or any other calendar.
- Export event: Lets you download and export the CSV file of all the events.
- Google analytics: Get a structured report in your google analytics account.
- Google ReCaptcha: Add an extra tint of verification using this add on.
Third-party page builder support
Elementor and Visual Composer can readily and easily integrate with WP Event Manager. It is because the interface provided by WP Event Manager is such that it does not require a lot of effort to get along with.
The plugin Elementor is a very powerful WordPress pagebuilder. The plugin offers to choose from various designs, templates, animations, widgets, and color changes to attract the customer to the website.
Just like Elementor, the Visual Composer is yet another plugin that does not require code for building a page. It uses a simple drag-and-drop editor to move and manage layout and elements across the page. Building a web page with Visual Composer is not only easy but also fun.
Developing an event management website over WordPress is still a tiresome task if you do not have plugins to aid you. Plugins such as Elementor and Visual Composer, in partnership with WP Event Manager, offer a huge number of options on how a website can be made user-friendly with lots of features. All you need is a WP Event Manager Plugin in collaboration with any of the two activated, and you are good to go.