The OSTraining Podcast #31: Daniel Bachhuber on a Career in WordPress
Daniel has played a key role in Gutenberg, the WP REST API, the WP-CLI project, Co-Authors Plus, Edit Flow, Jetpack, Post Meta Inspector, Publishing Checklist, Rewrite Rules and the list goes on and on.
In this episode, Daniel explains how he accidentally stumbled into such a key role in the WordPress world. We spend time talking about how Daniel balances all these duties, including how he moves on when his time is up in a role.
Follow Daniel via his blog at DanielBachhuber.com and his work site, HandBuilt.co.
Here are links Daniel mentions during the podcast:
- My condolences, you’re now the maintainer of a popular open source project
- Open source is debt
- One case against College Publisher
Subscribe to the OSTraining podcast on iTunes, or use the podcast player below. We’re also on Stitcher, Overcast, and other popular podcast apps.
This episode’s sponsor is PublishPress.
PublishPress offers professional publishing tools for WordPress, including an editorial calendar, pre-publishing checklists, and collaboration tools.
Here’s an overview of the publishing tools you’ll find in PublishPress:
- There’s a beautiful Editorial Calendar to give a clear picture of all your planned and published content.
- You can create Notifications to keep your team up-to-date with what’s happening.
- You can write Editorial Comments to leave feedback for your site’s authors.
- There are Custom Statusesso you can see where content is in your publishing workflow.
- The Content Overviewscreen allows you to drill down and analyze your site’s content.
- You can add Metadata to give your team extra information about each post.