New Class: How to Build Magento Themes
This week’s new class is a complete beginners guide to Magento theming.
“How to Build Magento Themes” will help you create your very first Magento theme.
Enno Stuurman is a highly-experienced Magento developer and trainer. In this new class, he breaks down everything you need to know about building custom Magento 2 themes.
The class starts by taking a look at the default Luma theme. After learning about the structure of Luma, you’ll use that knowledge to build your own unique theme. Enno covers Knockout.js, Require.js, Grunt, LESS and all the other tools you need to master Magento theming.
Syllabus for the Magento Themes Class
- Introduction to Magento Themes
Starting the Theme
- Creating a Custom Magento Theme
- Customizing a Magento Theme
- Changing the Theme Logo and Favicon
- Editing the Output in Magento Themes
- Page Layouts in Magento Themes
- Moving Elements Inside the Theme Layout
- Customizing the Product Page
- Controlling the MiniCart Layout with KnockoutJS
CSS in Magento Themes
- Understanding CSS in Magento Themes
- Overriding and Extending Magento Theme CSS
- How to Install Grunt for Compiling Magento CSS
- Changing Your Theme Style With Overrides
- Deploying Magento 2 Themes to Production
- Magento Themes Quiz
Nice video, there are lot of improvements to manage and set up the theme in Magento 2. The 2 significant improvements are the use of theme .xml definition file and a new fallback system.