Today, we’re delighted to launch Joomla 3 Explained.
This is a completely updated version of the best-selling and best-reviewed Joomla 3 book.
The book covers all the new features in Joomla 3.7, including custom fields.
Using Joomla 3 Explained, you can master Joomla 3 by using step-by-step examples.
The book walks you through a complete site-build, using a city called “Joomlaville”. You start by planning the site, then you build out content and fields, before moving on to templates, extensions and site management.
Joomla 3 Explained has been used by 10,000’s of readers, from individuals learning on their on, to students in university courses and Joomla Day classes.
How to buy Joomla 3 Explained
At the moment, Joomla 3 Explained is only available to OSTraining Book Club members.
Yes, the launch is a little unusual, but I’d ask you to read this post about the OSTraining Club. With your support, we can ensure more books like this are available for open source projects.
A huge thank you to Joomlashack
The Joomlashack team built some of the most popular Joomla extensions in the world, including these:
- OSMap is a sitemap extension and will improve your SEO by helping Google find your site’s content.
- JCal Pro is an awesome Joomla events calendar.
- OSEmbed allows you to embed anything in Joomla. You can easily share Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other content.
- OSCampus is the best way to build an online training site with Joomla.
Check them out at Joomlashack.com.
Technical details for Joomla 3 Explained
Joomla 3 Explained is over 250 pages long, and covers 15 chapters of material:
- Joomla Explained
- Joomla Planning Explained
- Joomla Installations Explained
- Joomla Sites Explained
- Joomla Content Explained
- Joomla Content Editing Explained
- Joomla Fields Explained
- Joomla Menus Explained
- Joomla Components Explained
- Joomla Modules Explained
- Joomla Plugins Explained
- Adding Joomla Extensions Explained
- Joomla Templates Explained
- Joomla Users Explained
- Joomla Site Management Explained