Every year now brings us a major new Joomla, Drupal or WordPress conference:
- In 2010, the Joomla community created a European conference called JandBeyond.
- In 2011, WordPress launched their first international conference called WordCamp San Francisco.
- In 2012, Joomla will debut the Joomla World Conference in California.
- In 2013, Drupal has plans to launch a DrupalCon in South America.
In total, this year there will be six major Joomla, Drupal and WordPress conferences. We aim to send OSTraining team members to all of these events, and we’d love to meet you there. Whether it’s WordPress and Joomla on the Pacific, Drupal in the Rocky Mountains or Joomla and Drupal in Germany, there’s a lot of great opportunities for you to travel and learn.
Here are the six conferences, starting in March and running through to November:
- Dates: March 19-23
- Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
- Cost: $350 to $400
- Website: http://denver2012.drupal.org
- Description: DrupalCon Denver is the enormous, annual Drupal conference in North Amercia. This year’s event is heavily focused on mobile with a slogan: “Collaborative Publishing for Every Device”.
- Dates: May 8-10
- Location: Evanston, Illinois, USA
- Cost: $780
- Website: http://cmsexpo.net
- Description: This is the only commercial conference on this list and more expensive than the others, but it stands out as the only event where you’re guaranteed to meet experts from all of the big CMS platforms.
- Dates: May 18-20
- Location: Bad Nauheim, Germany
- Cost: €149
- Website: http://jandbeyond.org
- Description: JandBeyond is the big European Joomla conference. It is heavily targeted towards professional designers and developers.
WordCamp San Francisco
- Dates: T.B.A. Probably in August
- Location: San Francisco, California, USA
- Cost: Last year prices were $30 per day or $65 for a 3-day pass
- Website: T.B.A. You can find last year’s site at http://2011.sf.wordcamp.org
- Description: They had originally planned to call this event WordCon. It is designed to be the definitive gathering of WordPress people from around the world.
- Dates: August 20-24
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Cost: T.B.A. Last years’s European DrupalCon cost approximately €350
- Website: http://munich2012.drupal.org
- Description: DrupalCon Denver is the enormous annual Drupal conference in Europe. The European version of DrupalCon is normally smaller and more intimate than the North American version, but still attracts well over 1,000 people.
Joomla World Conference
- Dates: November 16-18
- Location: eBay Town Hall, San Jose, California, USA
- Cost: $199
- Website: T.B.A.
- Description: T.B.A. This will be a truly international Joomla conference and it will likely have a broader focus than JandBeyond.