Help Us Create Free Drupal 8 Training Videos
Drupal 8 is just around the corner, and the Drupal community is excited!
We want to make sure that as many people as possible can use Drupal 8. However, many new Drupal 8 users will need training, which can be expensive and difficult to find.
So, we started a Kickstarter project to create Drupal 8 training and give it away for free!
Sounds intriguing? Watch the video to find out more …
What Drupal 8 training will we create?
The initial goal for the project is to raise $10,000. That will allow us to create 50 introductory videos for Drupal 8.
These will be given away completely free to the Drupal community.
We’ll put the videos on YouTube and make the files available for anyone to download.
Hopefully, by making the video files available for download, the training will be translated into other languages, helping Drupal 8 reach the widest possible audience.
Here are the videos we plan to create:
- Why Drupal 8? (10 videos)
- Drupal 7 vs Drupal 8 differences (10 videos)
- Drupal Beginner (30 videos)
What happens if the goal is reached?
If we pass the initial goal, we’ll create another bundle of 50 videos every time we raise an additional $5,000.
These extra videos will also be given away free!
Extra Videos #1. The Intermediate Bundle ($15,000 goal)
- Site management, security backups, updates (10 videos)
- Drupal Intermediate class (30 videos)
- An example site building class (10 videos)
Extra Videos #2. The Theming Bundle ($20,000 goal)
- Introduction to Twig (10 videos)
- Creating a Drupal 8 theme (40 videos)
Extra Videos #3. The Module Bundle ($25,000 goal)
- Introduction to Symfony (10 videos)
- Creating a Drupal 8 module (40 videos)
Extra Videos #4. The Development Bundle ($30,000 goal)
- Drupal 8 web services (20 videos)
- Configuration management (20 videos)
- Introduction to Composer (10 videos)
Extra Videos #5. The Upgrading Bundle ($35,000 goal)
- Upgrading a site from Drupal 7 to 8 (20 videos)
- Upgrading a module from Drupal 7 to 8 (15 videos)
- Upgrading a theme from Drupal 7 to 8 (15 videos)
Anything more we need to know?
Yes, if you support the Kickstarter project, you’ll get this excellent t-shirt!