If you work with an organization and need Drupal training for your staff, you’re in the right place.
We’ve provided Drupal training to many major companies, universities, non-profits and almost every major branch of the U.S. government.
Why Choose OSTraining?
We are the professional Drupal trainers.
Over the last seven years, we’ve taught more students than anyone in the industry.
We’ve taught at DrupalCons in Chicago, Denver, Portland, London, Munich, Prague and Austin. We’ve also taught at DrupalCamps around the U.S.
Every year since 2008, we have run over 100 training classes.
We have provided training to companies such as Apple and Pfizer, universities such as Harvard and MIT, and government bodies such as the U.S. Departments of Education, Commerce and Energy.
All of our teachers have both teaching and web design experience.
We only recruit trainers who were professionally trained as teachers and have also worked as web designers.
Our teachers have written the best-selling and best-reviewed Drupal book: Drupal 7 Explained.
Hands-on Teaching Style
Our teaching style is entirely hands-on.
You’ll have a real site in front of you and will be actively working and learning throughout your training.
You’ll also get videos, support and a book to supplement your training.
Extra Material Provided with On-Site Training
All training attendees get a paperback copy of our best-selling Drupal 7 Explained book as well as six months access to our online Drupal training and support. These alone are worth $135.
When you attend our training, you will get a free copy of the best-selling Drupal book, “Drupal 7 Explained”.
Drupal 7 Explained has been the best-selling and best-reviewed Drupal book since its launch.
If you are a Drupal beginner, this book will teach you everything you need to know. You follow clear step-by-step instructions to build real Drupal sites.
This book was inspired by our live training and was written by our CEO, Steve Burge.
When you attend our training, you also get six months of access to our online Drupal training and support. This is worth $99!
We give you access to these videos as soon as you buy your ticket. This allows you to start learning Drupal now, even before the class.
After the class, you can keep watching the videos and keep learning.
Prices and Availability
Our training sessions are $2500 per day plus travel costs for one OSTraining instructor.
We recommend that one instructor teach a maximum of 16 students.
We have enough teachers available that we can nearly always meet a training date that you request. However, if you can plan dates at least one month in advance, that will allow us to best meet your needs.
Sample Syllabus for a 2-day Introduction to Drupal
On Day 1, you’ll learn how to build a Drupal website, from content and user organization, to working with modules and themes.
- Part 1: Introduction to Drupal: What? Who? When? Why?
- Part 2: Installing Drupal
- Part 3: Navigating the Drupal interface
- Part 4: Understanding Drupal content
- Part 5: Managing Drupal content using content types
- Part 6: Adding data fields to Drupal content
- Part 7: Choosing and configuring modules
- Part 8: Choosing and configuring themes
- Part 9: Configuring and working with Drupal user permissions
On Day 2, you’ll build on your Drupal knowledge and get to grips with how to modify, improve and develop great Drupal websites.
- Part 1: An introduction to the Drupal workflow for building complete, advanced sites
- Part 2: An introduction to Fields and how they add data and functionality to Drupal content
- Part 3: Building more advanced Drupal content with Fields, together with additional modules
- Part 4: An introduction to the Views module and examples of how it sorts and organizes your Drupal data
- Part 5: Building more advanced Drupal layouts with Views, together with additional modules
- Part 6: An introduction to the Panels module and drag-and-drop, code-free design for your Drupal pages
Sample Syllabus for a Drupal Theming Class
In this training, you’ll learn how to create a flexible and extendable layout for your site. You’ll also get more control over the look and feel by creating a custom theme. We’ll help you master the essential PHP and CSS you need to make a theme in Drupal.
- Part 1: Drupal theming fundamentals
- Part 2: Customize with templates
- Part 3: Theme development process
- Part 4: Advanced theming introduction
- Part 5: Controlling layout through configuration
- Part 6: Responsive theme systems
- Part 7: Front-End Security and Performance
Sample Syllabus for a Drupal Module Coding Class
In this training, you’ll learn how to leverage Drupal’s API by creating custom modules. You’ll develop a module step by step and learn how to navigate the extensive documentation available and determine where you can hook into the system and add your new functionality.
- Part 1: Introduction to Drupal coding
- Part 2: Hooking into menus and permissions
- Part 3: Form API (Part 1)
- Part 4: Install files
- Part 5: Form API (Part 2)
- Part 6: Exploring modules
- Part 7: Node operations
- Part 8: Database system
- Part 9: Block system and theme system
Some of our teachers
Steve is the founder of OSTraining. Originally from the U.K., he now lives in Sarasota in the U.S.A.. He was a teacher for many years before starting Alledia, a web development firm. After several years of full-time web work, he found the desire to teach coming back again and started Open Source Training.
He now travels widely teaching people how to use Joomla, WordPress and Drupal. He has been heavily involved in various Open Source projects, writing books, starting user groups and serving as a board member.
Rod holds two masters degrees and has been training people how to do “things” for over 25 years. Originally from Australia, he grew up in Canada and now resides just outside Cincinnati, Ohio. He has worked in both the non-profit and for-profit worlds, in small companies and large corporations.
Rod’s extensive open source experience includes WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Moodle and he really knows how to help you get the most out of the system you chose. Rod plays ice hockey a couple of times a week and rides his Goldwing motorbike pretty much everywhere he can.
Some of Our Drupal Training clients