If you work with a government agency and are looking for Drupal training, you’re in the right place. We’ve provided Drupal training to almost every major branch of the U.S. government. Here are some of the government agencies who have taken our Drupal training:On Day 2, you’ll build on your Drupal knowledge and get to grips with how to modify, improve and develop great Drupal websites.
- The White House
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Education
- Department of Transportion
- Department of Energy
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Defense
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Justice
- Department of Health and Human Services
- House of Representatives
- National Archives and Records Administration
- Environmental Protection Agency
Why Does the Government Choose OSTraining?We’ve taught at over a dozen DrupalCons from 2009 to 2020. We’ve also taught at DrupalCamps around the U.S.
Experienced TeachersWe have provided training to companies such as Apple and Pfizer, universities such as Harvard and MIT, and government bodies such as the U.S. Departments of Education, Commerce and Energy.
Professional StaffAll of our teachers have both teaching and web design experience. We only recruit trainers who were professionally trained as teachers and have also worked as web designers. Our teachers have written the best-selling and best-reviewed Drupal book: Drupal 8 Explained.
Hands-on Teaching StyleOur teaching style is entirely hands-on. You’ll have a real site in front of you and will be actively working and learning throughout your training. You’ll also get videos, the OSTribe, and a book to supplement your training.
Extra Material Provided with Government TrainingAll Government training attendees get a paperback copy of our best-selling Drupal 8 Explained book as well as six months access to our online Drupal training and support. These alone are worth $135.
When you attend our training, you will get a free copy of the best-selling Drupal book, “Drupal 8 Explained”.Drupal 8 Explained has been the best-selling and best-reviewed Drupal book since its launch. If you are a Drupal beginner, this book will teach you everything you need to know. You follow clear step-by-step instructions to build real Drupal sites. This book was inspired by our live training and was written by OST founder, Steve Burge.
When you attend our training, you also get six months of access to our online Drupal training.
We give you access to these videos as soon as you buy your ticket. This allows you to start learning Drupal now, even before the class.After the class, you can keep watching the videos and keep learning.
Prices and AvailabilityOur training sessions are $2500 per day plus travel costs for one OSTraining instructor. We recommend that one instructor teach a maximum of 16 students. We have enough teachers available that we can nearly always meet a training date that you request. However, if you can plan dates at least one month in advance, that will allow us to best meet your needs.
Sample Syllabus for a 2-day Introduction to DrupalOn Day 1, you’ll learn how to build a Drupal website, from content and user organization, to working with modules and themes.
- Part 1: Introduction to Drupal: What? Who? When? Why?
- Part 2: Installing Drupal
- Part 3: Navigating the Drupal interface
- Part 4: Understanding Drupal content
- Part 5: Managing Drupal content using content types
- Part 6: Adding data fields to Drupal content
- Part 7: Choosing and configuring modules
- Part 8: Choosing and configuring themes
- Part 9: Configuring and working with Drupal user permissions
- Part 1: An introduction to the Drupal workflow for building complete, advanced sites
- Part 2: An introduction to Fields and how they add data and functionality to Drupal content
- Part 3: Building more advanced Drupal content with Fields, together with additional modules
- Part 4: An introduction to the Views module and examples of how it sorts and organizes your Drupal data
- Part 5: Building more advanced Drupal layouts with Views, together with additional modules
- Part 6: An introduction to the Panels module and drag-and-drop, code-free design for your Drupal pages
Sample Syllabus for a Drupal Theming ClassIn this training, you’ll learn how to create a flexible and extendable layout for your site. You’ll also get more control over the look and feel by creating a custom theme. We’ll help you master the essential PHP and CSS you need to make a theme in Drupal.
- Part 1: Drupal theming fundamentals
- Part 2: Customize with templates
- Part 3: Theme development process
- Part 4: Advanced theming introduction
- Part 5: Controlling layout through configuration
- Part 6: Responsive theme systems
- Part 7: Front-End Security and Performance
Sample Syllabus for a Drupal Module Coding ClassIn this training, you’ll learn how to leverage Drupal’s API by creating custom modules. You’ll develop a module step by step and learn how to navigate the extensive documentation available and determine where you can hook into the system and add your new functionality.
- Part 1: Introduction to Drupal coding
- Part 2: Hooking into menus and permissions
- Part 3: Form API (Part 1)
- Part 4: Install files
- Part 5: Form API (Part 2)
- Part 6: Exploring modules
- Part 7: Node operations
- Part 8: Database system
- Part 9: Block system and theme system