In this class, Rod introduces Views, one the most important modules in Drupal. Rod demonstrates ten ways to use Views, from a simple blog page to a dynamic slideshow.
Views is so critical to a Drupal site’s success that it is being incorporated into Drupal 8 (to be released around August 2013).
- A Page with Teasers: a blog-style layout.
- A Simple Block View: a block that can be customized and placed around your site.
- Jump Menu: a drop-down menu for navigation.
- Table with Fields: a sortable table of information.
- Relationship Filter: combine information from different parts of your Drupal site.
- Exposing Filters to Users: allows your users to control how they search the information you provide.
- Contextual & Relational Filters: this is a view that updates automatically, based on the content being viewed.
- Creating a Slideshow: one of the most popular uses for Views, creating a dynamic slideshow.
- Multi-Display View: display one view in multiple ways … a page, a block and more.
- Glossary: sorts your content alphabetically.