This class covers sending newsletters directly from your Drupal site, using the Simplenews module.
Here’s an overview of what you’ll do in this Simplenews class:
- Install and enable the Simplenews and administration menu modules.
- Set some defaults to use when creating newsletters, set an address to use for test newsletters and set the default “from name” and email address.
- Tell Simplenews what to do with a newsletter subscription when a user account is blocked or disabled, we will configure the subscribe and unsubscribe email text and we will decide where to send a user after they subscribe or unsubscribe from a newsletter.
- Decide whether or not to use cron to send newsletters, as well as how many should be sent on each cron run.
- Configure the newsletter category that is automatically created when we install the Simplenews module.
- Create our first newsletter.
- Send our first test newsletter.
- Display the subscription blocks so that users can subscribe to our newsletter.
- Create another newsletter category and explore the differences involved with having more than one newsletter on our site.
- Configure the user permissions so that anonymous and authenticated users can subscribe to our newsletter.
- Explore the ways we can add, remove, import and export users to and from our newsletter lists.
- Send out the real newsletter.
- Explore the two ways of handling HTML links in plain text newsletters.
- Start sending our newsletters as HTML.
- Install the necessary modules to make our newsletters look like HTML.
- Install a WYSIWYG editor so that we can include links, images, and other HTML code without having to actually know HTML.
- Install the modules required in order to apply a theme to our newsletters.
- Apply a theme to our newsletters.
- Create a theme to use for our newsletters.
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!