Add a New Moderation State Tab to Workbench
One of our members was watching our video class on Drupal’s Workbench module and had been getting it set up on their site. However, they weren’t sure how to use the new moderation states they added.
They wanted to add a tab so that people could easily see the content in a particular moderation state.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to make that happen.
Note: we are going to assume some knowledge of Workbench. If you’re new to or struggling with Workbench, watch our video class.
First, if you don’t have one, set up a new state that content can be assigned to.
- Go Configuration > Workbench Access
- Add a new state. In this example, we added “Final Editor Approval”:
- Go to Structure > Views
- Find the “Workbench Moderation: Content” view. This is the view that creates an default tab for the “Needs Review” state.
- Click Clone:
- Click Continue.
- Now, we need to create a custom menu link for our “Final Editor Approval” state. Click “Tab: Needs review”/
- Change the title of the menu link:
Now we need to modify the content that is being shown when people click this menu link.
- Under Filter Criteria, click “Workbench Moderation: State (=Needs Review).
- Choose the moderation state that you created earlier:
- Save your view.
- Go to your Workbench dashboard and you’ll see your new tab.
Thanks for the tip. Was helpful.